Depth and Complexity Icons
Our first Book Buzz will be done in class using our Core Lit Book, "The Tale of Desperaux."
The following Book Buzzes will be completed independently at home using the books read during the nightly 20 minutes of reading:
Fiction - due October 14th
Mystery - due February 24th
Historical Fiction (do NOT read "Number the Stars") - due April 20th
Here's what you need to do:
1. Use the Book Buzz graphic organizer as your reading to jot down a few notes.
2. Choose 5-7 images to represent your book and draw a colorful/detailed poster (12x18 construction paper).
3. We will sign up for presentation dates (5 people per day) as the date approaches. When the schedule is set, it will be posted in our Google Classroom.
4. Before you present, you will need to practice. Practice at home in front of a mirror or family. In addition, call in to our google classroom phone number to practice (don't worry if you get cut off - present until the voicemail ends). (424) 262-0936
5. On the day of your presentation you will place your drawings under the document camera for your classmates to see. You will present your book buzz to the class. See the Book Buzz rubric for reminders on strong oral speaking skills.
Notice and Note Fiction Signposts
Notice and Note Nonfiction Signposts